Thursday, March 5, 2009

Back to School

Many years ago, I made a series of decisions that I later came to regret. Among the most significant of these decisions was the choice to drop out of college. I had lots of reasons for doing so, including not having a clue about what I really wanted to do with my life. Nonetheless, as the years went on I realized that it was a hasty and ill-informed choice to make.

Some years later I was able to go back to school for a couple of years and earn an Associate Degree in Audio/Video Production. That was a great thing because I finally found a vocation that I really enjoyed and had passion for. And it put me on a weird journey that led to where I am today. But even while I've been incredibly grateful for that education and how God has used that on my journey, I've still had a nagging itch of sorts in the back of my brain that bugs me every now and then for not having finished a four year degree.

But now I have a chance to scratch that itch once and for all. In a few weeks I'll be heading back to school. I'll be enrolling in Cincinnati Christian University to (hopefully) finish a Bachelor of Science degree in Ministry and Leadership. I'll be going to school one night each week for about 4 hours. And providing all my previous credits transfer, I'll be able to finish in two years.

I'm incredibly excited right now. This is one of those things that I always hoped for but never really thought would come about. I'll probably be considerably less excited in six months, but for right now it's a great feeling. I think Vicki's nuts for letting me do it. She's already put up with two years of VLI. But then again, I thought Vicki was nuts for marrying me and I still think she's nuts for staying with me. So since her sanity is already in question I might as well make the most of it.

1 comment:

John Arns said...

go the whole nine yards, Ed.

You can do it !