Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Few Random Thoughts

Is there anyone- ANYONE- in public life that actually pays their taxes? Geez...this is getting ridiculous.

Government won't create the jobs needed to get us out of the economic mess we're in. People will. It will be common people who create not only new jobs but new industries that we don't even know of yet. It will take time, but it will happen. And I love Obama, but the government is not going to fix this.

I watch too many crime shows. But if you're my friend and you ever get arrested, do me a favor: shut up and get a lawyer.

I never cease to be amazed that our volunteer teams on the weekends do a better job technically than a lot of evening news shows that I watch. C'mon...the weather person is on at the same time every night...you should know when to open the microphone!

Madoff is just the latest example of what greed can do to otherwise smart people. How many times in life are we told, "If it sounds too good to be true..."

Even if I wanted to I couldn't get mad at Michael Phelps.

I haven't followed baseball closely in years, but I'm excited that pitchers and catchers report to training camp in a week or so. Maybe that just makes it feel more like spring isn't that far off. It feels like this has been a loonnnggg winter.

4 comments:

Luis Delgado said...

Interesting thoughts. I invite you to read my blog. Grettings.

bshawise said...

good stuff, ed. is it weird that i actually like phelpsie more now?

sventriloquist said...

all the swimmers i knew in high school and college liked the herbal life. Cross training I think. Some kind of lung capacity thing...

johnny said...

Well said my friend...