Sunday, June 8, 2008

Steak and Potatoes

Our small group went to Fred and Rhonda Maess' home tonight for a cookout. For those of you who don't know Fred, he's a great guy who spent a lot of his adult life in the restaurant business (although now he manages a fleet of trucks- go figure!). He's an excellent cook. And he grills some of the best steaks I've ever had. Melt-in-your-mouth good. So we had steak and potatoes, fresh asparagus, sauteed mushrooms and onions, salad and dessert. Several hours later I'm still full. Vicki will tell you how rare that is.

I had my last VLI weekend intensive today. The intensives are held on two weekends each quarter and go on Saturday from 9:30 to about 3:00 or 4:00 and Sunday from 1:30 or so until as late as 6:00. I missed Saturday's portion (I let too many people on my team off for the weekend so I needed to be there). But today's session was pretty good. It was on 1 and 2 Peter and Jude. I have a new appreciation for those books. One more regular class and a final exam and I will be completely finished with VLI. Then it will be my goal to post more often here. My buddy Brad Wise has already threatened to stop linking to me because I don't post enough. I'm in danger of becoming a cyberspace loser.

No comments: