Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Surgery and prayer

Well, we made it through surgery and all is well. They had me up and walking within a couple of hours of the operation and I was completely free of the pain and numbness that I've been dealing with for the last nine months or so. I can't tell you how good it feels to walk again.

Of course I'm still restricted in what I can do for now. I'm not allowed to lift anything over 10 pounds and I can't bend at the waist while standing for the first week. You'd be amazed at how much bending you normally do in a day. Just like anything else, I'm so unaware of what I have until it gets taken from me. I think I'm so abundantly blessed that I don't have a clue of the scope of God's favor and generosity until something like this happens.

Another thing I've been made aware of is the power of prayer. When I've been asked to pray for something someone else is going through, I think in the back of my mind I've always minimized the importance of those prayers, as if they really had no significance. But it's a completely different world when you're on the receiving end. I deeply appreciate every prayer that anyone has offered for me. It's been as if I could feel them. I'll never say another prayer for someone else in the future without knowing it can make a difference.

No comments: